Information on immigration regulations during the Covid-19 Pandemic
In response to the Covid-19 outbreak, DGI is updating the immigration clearance measures at borders for travelers who enter and leave Indonesia by applying health protocols to curb the spread of the virus.
- Indonesian citizens
- Foreigner who holds a valid and still valid Visa
- Foreigners holding valid and still valid Stay Permits and Re-Entry Permits
- Crew members arriving by their own transports.
- Foreign nationals with health or humanitarian purposes
Certain international airports and ports will continue to operate during the COVID-19 Handling and National Economic Recovery Period.
All Foreign Travel Actors, both Indonesian Citizens (WNI) and Foreign Citizens (WNA) enter Indonesian territory through the entry points for foreign travel as follows:
Foreign Travel enters the territory of Indonesia through the entry points for foreign travel as follows:
i. Soekarno Hatta, Banten;
ii. Juanda, Jawa Timur;
iii. Ngurah Rai, Bali;
iv. Hang Nadim, Kepulauan Riau;
v. Raja Haji Fisabilillah, Kepulauan Riau;
vi. Sam Ratulangi, Sulawesi Utara;
vii. Zainuddin Abdul Madjid, Nusa Tenggara Barat;
viii. Kualanamu, Sumatera Utara;
ix. Sultan Hasanuddin, Sulawesi Selatan; dan
x. Yogyakarta, Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta.
i. Tanjung Benoa, Bali;
ii. Batam, Kepulauan Riau;
iii. Tanjung Pinang, Kepulauan Riau;
iv. Bintan, Kepulauan Riau;
v. Nunukan, Kalimantan Utara;
vi. anjung Balai Karimun, Kepulauan Riau; dan
vii. Dumai, Riau.
c. Cross Border Posts:
i. Aruk, Kalimantan Barat;
ii. Entikong, Kalimantan Barat; dan
iii. Motaain, Nusa Tenggara Timur.
Foreign Travel Actors who enter the territory of Indonesia through the entry point of foreign travel as referred to in numbers a.7 ,b.1, b.2, dan b.4 can only enter the territory of Indonesia with the mechanism of the bubble system as regulated in the Circular of the Task Force for Handling COVID-19 regarding the related bubble system.
- Circular of the Head of the Covid 19 Task Force Number 7 of 2022
- Circular of the Head of the Covid 19 Task Force Number 5 of 2022
- Circular of the Head of the Covid 19 Task Force Number 3 of 2022
- Foreign nationals who are not vaccinated and intend to leave the territory of the Republic of Indonesia, but need to travel domestically in order to reach the exit point for international flights are exempted from showing COVID-19 vaccination card/certificate provided that they do not leave the airport area during transit or waiting for their international flights, with the following requirements:
- Obtaining clearance issued by the local Port Health Office/Authority to travel domestically, with the purpose to continue their flights to leave Indonesia; and
- Showing valid flight itinerary leaving Indonesia for direct transit from the city of departure to the exit point for international destination.
- If you overstay (you stay more than the length of stay decided), you must pay for penalty. It is fined Rp1.000.000/day/person. If you overstay for 5 days, you must pay the fine of Rp5.000.000/person (5 days x Rp1.000.000). If you overstay 60 days, you must pay the fine of as much as Rp1.000.000 x 60 days. Otherwise, you are sent to a detention room for further legal measures.
- But, if you overstay for more than 60 days, you are deported, and prohibited to enter Indonesian territory (Immigration Administrative Action) for at least 6 months.
- You will proceed to a further inspection at the interview room and pay off the overstay penalty (with a penalty receipt).