1. Children with limited dual citizenship who were born before August 1st, 2006
a. Children must get an immigration permit, if they have not applied for permanent registration. It can be processed at local immigration office.
b. If the permanent registration has been done, the following things must be completed.
- Parents/guardian make a report to the local immigration office by attaching a passport and Ministerial Decree regarding the acquisition of limited dual citizenship.
- Parents/guardian return the immigration documents.
- Children with dual citizenship can be granted an Indonesian passport with a stamp in the passport as children with dual citizenship based on Law Number 12 of 2006 article 4 point c, d, h, and l and article 5.
- Children with a passport of another citizenship must attach affidavit by paying 400,000 IDR.
2. Children with limited dual citizenship who were born after August 1st, 2006
a. Children can be granted a Republic of Indonesia Travel Document (Dokumen Perjalanan Republik Indonesia/DPRI) even if they have a foreign passport.
b. Children can be granted the DPRI with a stamp of limited dual citizenship.
c. Children with passport of another citizenship must attach affidavit by paying 400,000 IDR.
The following are immigration facilities provided to children with limited dual citizenship.
1. Children who only have a foreign passport are exempt from visa, Stay Permit and Re-entry Permit (Izin Masuk Kembali/IMK).
2. Children are granted arrival/departure signs as Indonesian Citizens.
3. Children with two passports must choose to use one of their passports.
4. Children are granted a stamp of limited dual citizenship on their Embarkation-Disembarkation Card (ED Card). Embarkation-Disembarkation Card (ED Card) miliknya.
1. A valid Indonesian identity card (KTP) or certificate of moving abroad
2. A family register (KK)
3. A birth certificate, marriage certificate/book, diploma, or baptism certificate*
4. An Indonesian citizenship certificate for Foreign Nationals who acquire Indonesian citizenship or submitting the certificate of citizenship in accordance with the legislation.
5. A statement letter of name changes (for those who have changed their name) issued by authorized official.
*Name, place and date of birth, and parents' name must be listed in the documents. Otherwise, a statement issued by authorized official may be attached.