Temporary Stay Visa for Training or Conduct Scientific Research (Index C315)
This type of visa is granted to foreign nationals who intend to undergo training or conduct scientific research in Indonesia. Holders of this visa are not allowed to work in Indonesia.
|Participate in training or scientific research||The visa is granted to foreign nationals who intend to undergo training or conduct scientific research and have obtained permission from the relevant government agency in Indonesia.|
You are allowed to stay in Indonesia for six months or 180 days, one year, or two years depending on your application.
Stay permit for this type of visa is extendable.
You or your sponsor can apply for a Temporary Stay Visa through the Online Visa Approval application, and submit the below documents:
- Letter of sponsorship from an agency/institution sponsor related to training or scientific research as their activities.
- a valid nationality passport.
- A minimum of 12 (twelve) months for those who will stay in Indonesia for a maximum of 6 (six) months.
- A minimum of 18 (eighteen) months for those who will stay in Indonesia for a maximum of 1 (one) year.
- A minimum of 30 (thirty) months for those who will stay in Indonesia for a maximum of 2 (two) years.
- proof of funds of at least US$2000 (two thousand US dollars) or equivalent to support the cost of living of foreign nationals and/or their family in Indonesia.
- 2 (two) color photographs with a size of 4 cm x 6 cm (four centimeters by six centimeters) with a white background.
- Letter of recommendation from the government agency related to training or scientific research.
Proof of having received the full dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
You can check the international travel health protocols for entering Indonesia at this link.
Sponsors or foreign nationals can apply for a visa on the official website of the Directorate General of Immigration at www.imigrasi.go.id or directly on the Online Visa Approval application.
- review of the submitted documents;
- payment of immigration fees by applicants;
- profiling and verification
- visa approval
- visa issuance
The processing time for a visitor visa is 4 (four) working days after the applicant completes the immigration fee payment. Sponsors or applicants can check their visas in the Online Visa Approval application account and email.
- Temporary Stay Visa: US $150 per application
- Temporary Stay Visa approval: Rp200,000 per application
- Temporary Stay Permit for 6 months/180 days: Rp1,000,000 per application
- Temporary Stay Permit for 1 year: Rp1,500,000 per application
- Temporary Stay Permit for 2 years: Rp2,000,000 per application
- Minister of Law and Human Rights Regulation Number 29 of 2021 on Visa and Stay Permit
- Government Regulation Number 28 of 2019 on Type and Tarrif of Non-Tax State Revenue in the Ministry of Law and Human Rights
- Minister of Finance Regulation Number 9/PMK.02/2022 on Non-Tax State Revenue on Type and Tariff of Immigration Services in the Ministry of Law and Human Rights
- Circular Letter of Acting Director General of Immigration Number IMI-0549.GR.01.01 of 2022 on Immigration Facilitation to Support Sustainable Tourism during the Covid-19 Pandemic