Temporary Stay Visa for Study/Student Visa (Index C316)
This type of visa is granted to foreign nationals who intend to study in an Indonesian education institution. Holders of this visa are not allowed to work in Indonesia.
|Study in Indonesia||A student intends to enroll at an educational institution in Indonesia.|
You or your sponsor can apply for a Temporary Stay Visa through the Online Visa Approval application, and submit the below documents:
- Letter of sponsorship from a sponsor who is an Indonesian citizen or the institution/organization where the foreign national participates in educational activities;
- a valid nationality passport.
- A minimum of 12 (twelve) months for those who will stay in Indonesia for a maximum of 6 (six) months.
- A minimum of 18 (eighteen) months for those who will stay in Indonesia for a maximum of 1 (one) year.
- A minimum of 30 (thirty) months for those who will stay in Indonesia for a maximum of 2 (two) years.
- proof of funds of at least US$2000 (two thousand US dollars) or equivalent to support the cost of living of foreign nationals and/or their family in Indonesia.
- 2 (two) color photographs with a size of 4 cm x 6 cm (four centimeters by six centimeters) with a white background.
- Letter of recommendation for study issued by the government institution coordinating education or religious affairs.
- Suppose the sponsor is an institution or organization where the foreign national study. In that case, the letter of recommendation for study can be substituted with a letter of statement from the institution or organization declaring that the applicant is admitted to enroll.
- review of the submitted documents;
- payment of immigration fees by applicants;
- profiling and verification
- visa approval
- visa issuance
The processing time for a visitor visa is 4 (four) working days after the applicant completes the immigration fee payment. Sponsors or applicants can check their visas in the Online Visa Approval application account and email.
- Temporary Stay Visa: US $150 per application
- Temporary Stay Visa approval: Rp200,000 per application
- Temporary Stay Permit for 6 months/180 days: Rp1,000,000 per application
- Temporary Stay Permit for 1 year: Rp1,500,000 per application
- Temporary Stay Permit for 2 years: Rp2,000,000 per application
- Minister of Law and Human Rights Regulation Number 29 of 2021 on Visa and Stay Permit
- Government Regulation Number 28 of 2019 on Type and Tarrif of Non-Tax State Revenue in the Ministry of Law and Human Rights
- Minister of Finance Regulation Number 9/PMK.02/2022 on Non-Tax State Revenue on Type and Tariff of Immigration Services in the Ministry of Law and Human Rights
- Circular Letter of Acting Director General of Immigration Number IMI-0549.GR.01.01 of 2022 on Immigration Facilitation to Support Sustainable Tourism during the Covid-19 Pandemic